Looking for a Savvy, Social Media Intern!
Starts: May 24th through August 31st
Apply by May 7th – details below.
Savvy Social is looking for an intern that loves social media! Someone who is passionate about learning how to translate their personal social media skills into marketing for small businesses! Get the chance for real-world experience working with leading brands and non-profits with a flexible schedule.
This is an unpaid position that requires you to receive school credit, which will determine the number of hours per week (approx. 10-15 hours a week). Ideally, the perfect candidate is located within driving distance to San Diego but will consider remote applicants. The position is remote with the potential to meet once a month in person. Candidate must have access to a computer, smart phone, and reliable internet.
- Brainstorming fun ideas for social media content creation & creating said content
- Basic graphic design conceptualization and creation.
- Assist with basic research, production, posting, and maintenance of client’s social media calendars and related tools
- Monitor social media engagement and help grow accounts on a weekly basis.
- Identify opportunities for additional engagement and messaging for the client’s brand.
- Review digital marketing analytics, produce KPI reports, and provide optimization recommendations.
- Assist with blog posts, newsletters, graphic creation, blog outreach, and more.
- Assist with photography & content creation.
- Must currently be studying Marketing, Journalism, and/or Communications major, or similar degree field
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms, including: Facebook, Instagram (& related tools), Twitter, Google Drive, WordPress, and Dropbox
- Preferred experience with social media scheduling tools (like Later, Planoly, or Buffer)
- Preferred experience with photography & photo editing (like Canva or PicMonkey)
- Passion for social media and on top of current social media best practices and trends
- Detail-oriented, with flawless editing and proofreading skills
- Strong writer
- Data-driven with ability to connect results with goals
- Self-starting, creative problem solver
In order to apply, please send your:
- Résumé (no more than 1 page) as a .PDF FILE
- Cover letter as a .PDF FILE addressed to Amy Checho to email@example.com with the subject line “Social Media Intern” by April 30th. Feel free to comment on this post or email us with any questions.